Friday, December 7, 2007

window stars

My first Sew Crafty Friday! I've been doing a few crafty things here and there but haven't ever taken the time to share. This one is so fun so I thought I would post about it.


When we first started, we practiced on regular wax paper. Those turned out nice...sort of like snowflakes. Once we had the basic folds down we tried it out on the special colored paper.

We hung them on the windows in our dining room. We have bird feeders outside so we can watch the birds while we eat, but once in awhile they fly into the windows. Since the stars have been up they haven't hit the windows anymore.



We purchased the kit at Hearthsong.

If you would like to participate in Sew Crafty Friday or even just to see what others are working on, you can go here to Shereen's blog.

2 comments:

Mom2fur said...

Oh, wow! I made these many years ago with my kids. Doesn't Hearthsong have the best stuff? Your stars came out so pretty!

Anonymous said...

Those stars are so lovely I may have to get us one of those kits to try for next year. Thanks for sharing.
www.homeschoolblogger.com/proverbsfamily/